These snacks are a perfect replacement for a junk food crave! Super filling and super healthy packed with healthy ingredients which also mean its guilt free! Made with all organic ingredients and no artificial sweeteners or colouring this little ball of goodness is perfect for any pre sport or after sport energy booster and revitaliser! Filled with superfoods like chia seeds and flaxseeds this little ball is full of nutrition, and also taste delicious!! Try it out and keep some in the freezer so you can have them ready with you everyday before you hit the streets!
In my particular recipe I used “All bran” instead of oats due to my boyfriend’s allergies, but if you have no problems, feel free to use rolled oats also go wild with the ingredients you put in it, for some extra crunch , add roasted almonds, cashew nuts, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, walnuts, macadamias, banana chips. For extra ooey gooey chewiness add dates, figs, apricots, dried blueberries, dried strawberries, dried mango, any sort of dried fruit!
BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
Increases fibre in your diet
Packed with Omega- 3 fatty acids
Give you stronger teeth and bones
Pack full of protein
Fight Belly Fat
Get Full Faster
Improve Heart Health
BENEFITS OF FLAXSEED
Helps prevent diabetes and stabilises blood sugar levels
Promotes intestinal health and can help with constipation
Helps weight loss
Reduces the risk of cancer
Improve skin health + get rid of eczema, dry skin , acne etc
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Agave Nectar
- 2 Tbsp Flaxseed
- 1 Handful of raisins
- 5 x Dried Prunes
- 5 x Dried Apricots
- 4 x Dried Figs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 Cup all Bran or oats
- FOR THE COATING
- 1/4 cup Shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup wheatgrass powder
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend till everything is processed into small pieces.
- Use gloves and make little round balls with the mixture by squeezing it tightly.
- Dip it into the coconut to coat it, or wheatgrass powder.
- Once you made all the balls, cover it with glad wrap then freeze it for 30 mins.
- Take it out and enjoy!