This yummy prawn recipe is another easy alternative way of cooking prawns using staple ingredients. To all the politically correct cooks out there, tomato sauce aka Ketchup, is really tacky I know! BUT, if you are in a rush for a home cooked meal and as a woman I wanna just hurry and cook a few dishes for my man, instead of cooking some fancy tomato sauce with tomatoes garlic onion etc, I can just use a few tbsp of pantry ketchup!
If it tastes good, nothing should be a problem! Indeed this sauce is delicious too! Another 10 min recipe that everyone should know in case any last minute guests decide to pop by during dinner time and need to add on a quick dish alternative! Try it and see for yourself! Don’t forget to taste the sauce as you cook it to alter it to your taste buds!
- 1/2 Dozen Medium sized prawns [Washed + Deveined + Trimmed at head + feet ]
- 1/2 Onion [ Roughly Minced ]
- 1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 Pinch of Sugar
- Heat oil in a saucepan and on medium high heat cook the onion for 2 mins.
- Add in the fresh prawns, stir fry for 3 mins.
- Add in tomato sauce and hoisin sauce, and a little pinch of sugar. Stir fry for another 3 mins. Dont overcook the prawns.
- Serve it hot, and garnish with a little spring onion.