OBSESSED WITH JUICING? DON’T WASTE YOUR PULP! MAKE JUICER PULP MUFFINS!
Ok so lately, since I bought my cold press machine I have been obsessed with juicing! So obsessed with it i’m juicing 10 people portions everyday instead of two! I’m obsessed with the process of watching the fruit or veggie being squished down a tiny shaft and the pulp squidging into one bowl and juice in the other! I love drinking the juice, but I can’t help but look at all the left over pulp and feel sad like I’m wasting so much food! I feel like there’s still so much left in it and to throw it all away every time would be a total waste!
When juicing, all the juice is where the nutrients and vitamins go, however all the fibre is left in the pulp, which is important for good digestion, so why not use all this pulp and turn it into a healthy meal! This recipe has no butter, no white flour or any bad oils or fats! Every ingredient I have used is good for health and organic! It’s not the most flavourful but definitely healthy! Serve it with some almond butter, or cashew butter then you can escalate it to a whole other level! mmmmm yummy!
Beat together oil and honey, then add eggs, vanilla and Pulp.
Add in all the dry ingredients to the pulp mixture.
Add nuts and raisins last.
Grease a muffin tin with Shortening or Butter
Bake at 220 degrees for 30 min.
Should raise a little and look like this, when the colour is brown and golden it’s perfect !
- 1 1/2 Cups of Juicer Pulp (leftover from juicing best is Carrot, Celery, Apple, Zucchini)
- 1/2 Cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup Agave Nectar
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Bean Paste or Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 Cup of Raw Wheat Germ
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 Cup of Sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Beat together oil and honey, then add eggs, vanilla and Pulp.
- Add in all the dry ingredients to the pulp mixture.
- Add nuts and raisins last.
- Grease a muffin tin with Shortening or Butter
- Bake at 220 degrees for 30 min.
- Should raise a little and look like this, when the colour is brown and golden it’s perfect !