This dish is a popular Chinese dish, you can get it at any restaurant in Hong Kong and it’s known for its simplicity, runny soft scrambled egg and perfectly cook prawns.
It is the easiest dish on the planet, can be made in 20 mins including preparation time. It’s healthy, delicious and really good to eat with rice for a simple home cooked dinner! This dish only uses 3 core ingredients! So don’t be afraid to grab that wok and have a go! You can’t go wrong with this!
- 1 handful of peeled uncooked prawns
- 4 stalks of spring onion
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of white pepper
- Pinch of salt
- pinch of sugar
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl
- Cut spring onion into 3-4cm length then add to the bowl with eggs, add sugar and salt.
- Marinate the prawns by adding white pepper and salt, let it sit for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan, then add prawns, let it turn brown then remove the prawns then put it in the bowl with eggs.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan on high heat, add egg and prawn mixture then scramble the prawn in a clockwise direction.
- Do not overcook the omelette, should be ready in 1-2mins.