One of the greatest things about being raised in Australia is the amazing array of fresh seafood available. From the freshest oysters and prawns, to sea urchin and crab, you really have it all!!
When I return back to the land of OZ the only thing I think about is seafood and lucky for me I live 20 min away from Sydney Fish market, where I can buy the freshest seafood daily! I love to buy big portions of seafood whenever I go, so I can cook different seafood dishes I like and experiment with flavours!!
The key is keeping it simple and letting the seafood shine, as too much fiddle can overpower and ruin your dish! This seafood cocktail is the best way to utilise leftover seafood and turn it into a classy clean appetizer! So for a lovely fine dining meal for friends, serve this little appetizer to them and I guarantee you they will be asking for more! Presentation is so easy, find any cocktail or martini glass and just layer the salad on top of each other. The beautiful orange from the seafood and green from the avocados makes it so aesthetically pleasing, and the tabasco in the cocktail sauce adds a little spice to heat things up! Feel free to add whatever seafood you like and just have fun!
You can add sea urchin or even some seaweed salad too!
- 1- 2 Balls of Fresh Lettuce [ Shredded ]
- 1 Kg Freshly Cooked Prawns [ Peeled and Deveined ]
- 1 Freshly Cooked Crab [ Take all the meat out ]
- 500g Fresh Sashimi Salmon [ Diced ]
- 3-4 Fresh Ripe Avocado
- 1 Lemon
- FOR THE COCKTAIL SAUCE
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Horseradish
- Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Lemon
- Tabasco Sauce, to Taste
- In a cute cocktail glass, place shredded Lettuce at the bottom
- Mix Avocado and crab meat together and leave a tiny bit extra for the topping. Season with a bit of pepper and salt and drizzle with a little lemon juice. Then scoop a generous amount over the lettuce.
- Slice prawns in half down the middle, then place in a clockwise position over the avocado.
- Lay a ring of Salmon sashimi on top, then top with a little crab meat.
- To make the sauce - in a small bowl combine ketchup, horseradish, a dash of worcestershire, a squirt of Lemon and a dash of Tabasco sauce.
- Spoon the sauce of the salad to form a nice ring! Enjoy!
- RECIPE OF FOODTASTICANGELINA.COM